Friday, August 29, 2008

RBI - For Common Man

The other day I was invited for an official dinner at a hotel. As I was waiting in the gallery for others to join in, I involved myself in small talk with the people around. On getting to know that I am from a bank, one of the gentleman wanted to have a specific information regarding foreign exchange. As I was about to get back to him, when during the course of the discussion, he informed me that he has asked for this information from many bankers but none has given a precise reply. I asked for the mail Id of the gentleman with a assurance to provide the information.

The next day, I was lucky enough to get the information online within a few minutes. I immediately mailed the link and almost forgot about the incident till a couple of days later when I received a mail back from him.

His mail somehow touched me, gave me a satisfaction of a job well done. Quite often, we become indifferent towards our job to realise the magnitude of the expectations the other person has from us. It happens all the time, in all situations, to almost everybody. Sometimes this indifference spills to the personal side, towards children, family and friends and so on. The answers we are looking in our life are sometime within reach, only we need to remain organised, balanced and in a state of harmony with ourselves.

I've posted the said link in my links under 'RBI for Common Man' for use by everyone.

3 comments:

Balvinder Balli said...

What a pleasant surprise to find your blog. Thoughtful writing. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

the irony is sometimes it takes a real disaster to know what youve completely ignored something important in your life....and it stains a relationship for life...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.