Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tagged

Old habbits die hard, they say. One cannot change oneself, how so ever hard one may try. So when Capt Balvinder tagged me, I was caught napping like a back bencher. I had no idea what is to be done when you are tagged. It was only after reading the fellow bloggers that the thought process in me started. The whole idea is to spell out some habits/addictions which are unique to you. Some are in me too, which I am going to share here as it comes to my mind:
  1. Haircut countdown: Everytime I say ' I think I need to go for a haircut' to me wife, she is always of the other opinion. Eversince I remember I have been very ritualistic about the periodicity of the haircut. While being in army, the barber could be summoned anytime, now one has to take prior appointment from the hairdresser or else wait. Hair dresser is a person to be held in high regard as he has the power to make you confident about youself.

  2. slip-over to Punjabi: Being known to be gentle and polite among friends and colleagues, sometimes when I am agitated with someone, I unknowingly slip-over to Punjabi. Having tried my best to control this; my take on this is that since I think in Punjabi, the language just flows out of me.

  3. List fetish: Since one has to function simultaneously chasing various goals in the required timelines, I have always been a slave to preparing lists, though not very perseverant at completing 100% of the tasks in hand.

  4. A stitch in time...: This one generally I dont spell out as it is considered a very feminine trait, but I am very fond of tailoring activity like putting buttons or repairing the clothes. I make it a point to lend it a good finnesse which I have developed over a period of time.
  5. Anti TV: Most of the time I wonder how people are able to watch so much Tv. Most of the time we end up with the information from the Tv which is of no relevance to our lives. Women end up being more sobby after soaps, children end up being more hyperactive after watching cartoons; even the daily news have become unsavoury, advertisements are not far behind, sometimes there is no bottomline and we end up watching the 'Amul Macho' ad half a dozen times in a day.

Having listed the five addictions/ qualities specific to me, I hope I have fulfilled the 'Tag expectations'. Now I take this oppertunity to 'TAG' Capt Bisht, Ratnakar and Sarabjeet to carry out the assigned task of listing their five addictions.

3 comments:

Balvinder Balli said...

Thanks Ashwani. Lovely addictions that you have. I liked "slipping to punjabi" the most. In my case if i come to know that the other person can speak punjabi i just cant control my temptation to switch to my mother tongue.

You have not completed the task 100%. Firstly you have to link my name in your post (but before that please replace W with V in my name. My name with W looks like some one else's name.ihave written about it in my blog post "The Sound of 'V')

Then pass on the tag to other five or more bloggers who have not been tagged for the same task. In case you are new to linking procedure (like i was,a few days back),you can refer to the details that i have left for JP in the comments window of my "Tag".

Thanks once again.

Mampi said...

Aww, this was so cute. Loved reading them. THe best was the 'Slipping to Punjabi' bit. You know what, I can even end up speaking Punjabi to my many Bangla friends, hehehe. They have learnt to adjust.
The stitch part was great. Why feminine, everyone needs to do that stitch in time. I am also a list addict, though not to the extent of army-precision.
Guess I should be blogrolling you, Eh wala ta main miss ee kar jana si je main Balli de blog tey na jandi.

Anonymous said...

well i kind a dislike the tv bit too....since almost 3 yrs now, we dont have cable so we dont ever watch television.The kids watch one dvd a day{ok sometimes even two..when i want them off by back}which is educational and we rarely watch indian movies on dvd{which raja cant stand but tries to tolerate for me!!}besides that televsion play no role in our lives...I wish we could turn back time and bring up our kids in the same simple ways that our parents did .....no tv was a good thing !!