Monday, November 17, 2008

Barrak Obama

Having little interest in the US Presidential election 2008,my ignorance of its nitty-gritties is understandable. But I had a chance listening to the winning speech of Barrak Obama, the President elect of the United States. His speech touched an emotional chord with its audience specially his reference to Ann Nixon Cooper and the 'Yes We Can' slogan. His speech was straight from his heart giving assurance to the whole world. After listening to him, I think - Yes HE Can.
I am sharing a nice cartoon which a friend shared with me on the just concluded US Presidential election.

5 comments:

Pinku said...

Is it because he is black that he is touted to be the messiah of change for the better??

i would like to believe that its the nature of his thoughts and not his skin colour that won the votes.

Mampi said...

the cartoon said it all.
thanks for sharing.

Sujata said...

Ashwani: I really hope so; a lot is riding on his success as a president.

Pinku: I think that skin color worked against and not in his favor. Just some food for thought…..:)

Indian Home Maker said...

I blogged about that brilliant, inspirational and awe inspiring simple speech. He has a muslim middle name, an Indonesian step father, a black dad, Christian, white grandparents who have raised him and he has Gandhi's picture in his office, he also keeps hmnuman as a talisman! I wish we had someone like that in India.
loved that speech :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.